I’m absolutely in love with soup! It’s one of my favorite meals! For me a soup ia perfect for lunch on working days. I can easily heat the soup at work or I use my Aladdin container to keep it warm until lunchtime.
Today I’ll share one of my favorite soups ; Eastern Mushroom soup!
- 4 garlic gloves (finely chopped)
- About 4 cm of ginger (finely chopped)
- One or two stalks of lemon grass (use the upside of a chopping knife to bruise the stalks a bit)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (chopped into small bits or slices)
- 350 grams of mixed mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1,5-2 liter of vegetable stock
- Spring onion (chopped)
- Coriander (to taste)
Heat a little oil in a large pot, and the garlic, ginger, onion and lemongrass. Stir for 3 minutes. Add the carrot to the pot and after about 3 more minutes add the mushrooms and the soy sauce. Fry until the mushrooms and carrots are a bit tender, then add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
Boil for about 10 minutes. Add the spring onion and the coriander when serving the soup.
Optional; you can add an hard boiled egg to the soup.